Prepare your visit
AntwerpPhoto is held at a unique location on the bank of the river Scheldt in Antwerp. The Loodswezen (Piloting building) on the Tavernierkaai is located in the lively neighborhood of Het Eilandje, close to the MAS museum and the city center.
The eclectic neo-Renaissance palace was designed by Hendrik Kennes and Ferdinand J.A. Truyman in 1890. Until recently it was used as the base for Antwerp’s pilots, who guide ships safely and smoothly in and out of Antwerp’s port.
The historic Loodswezen is being opened to the public for the first time and can be visited exclusively during AntwerpPhoto. The ornate watchtower, the courtyard and the statue of Brabo on the facade are just a few striking features of this building.
Normal rate : €16,5 (incl. €1,5 transaction fee)
Discount rate (-25 or 65+) : €12,5 (incl. €1,5 transaction fee)
Group rate (15 people or more - online only): €12,5 (incl. €1,5 transaction fee)
Groups: send an email to email@example.com to receive your discount code.
- At location
Normal rate : €18
Discount rate (-25 or 65+): €14
AntwerpPhoto is a cashless fesitval, you can pay with cards only.
AntwerpPhoto kicks off with a lively festival week on June 24. Take a look at the full festival programme here.
The four ongoing exhibitions (1-2-3-4, Michael Wolf, Iconobelge and Prix Carmignac) are open to the public from June 24 until September 30 2018. The exhibitions are open from Wednesday until Sunday, from 10 AM until 5 PM.
How to reach AntwerpPhoto
AntwerpPhoto takes place in the Loodswezen (Tavernierkaai 3, 2000 Antwerp).
- AntwerpPhoto can be easily reached by public transport. Tramline 7 (get off at Antwerpen Brouwersvliet) stops right in front of the location. More information on the public transportation website De Lijn.
- You can reach AntwerpPhoto by bike in less than 10 minutes from the city center. There are several city bike or ‘Velo’ stations nearby. The nearest one is right across from the Loodswezen, on the Sint-Aldegondiskaai. More information on Velo-antwerpen.be.
- Coming by car? You can park your car on the Van Meterenkaai. There are also several underground parkings nearby: on Sint-Pietersvliet and on the Godefriduskaai (entrance: Zeevaartstraat 11). Be sure to check Slim naar Antwerpen for traffic updates.
- Coming to Antwerp by train? With a B-Dagtrip ticket you can purchase your train and tram tickets as well as your entrance ticket, at a discount rate.
- Staying in Antwerp? Get a 10% discount on your booking at the Holiday Inn Express Antwerp City - North by mentioning 'AntwerpPhoto' when making your reservation via email.
Unfortunately, the exhibits are not accessible to wheelchair users. Backpacks are not permitted in the exhibition areas.